Administrative Manager I
Torrance, US-CA 90502
FT 100 % for 40-hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
Minimum education requirements:
GED or high school diploma
Based on Qualifications & Experience
3/1/19 5:51 PM
Required Skills & Qualifications:
GED with some related post HS education. MS Office certification highly desirable. Must be proficient with Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Requires a minimum of 1-3 years experience in a similar position in a comparable work environment. Must have the ability to work with minimal direction; handle multiple assignments simultaneously; navigate internal resources and organizational structure in order to research and resolve administrative issues/problems tactfully and promptly; and possess a high level of personal integrity.
Description of Duties:
- Exercising good judgment and discretion, manages inquiries from investigators or staff, vendors, business associates, other academic or research institutions, CRO’s, pharma companies, and others, assuring a prompt and accurate response to each inquiry and appropriate handling of requests.
- Act as a gatekeeper to balance access to the Director, assuring effective scheduling. Includes making judgments about whether to handle the work themselves, have it delegated elsewhere or whether it requires the involvement of the Director.
- Reviews and manages incoming written communications (i.e. letters, emails, memos, submissions, and reports) and exercises judgment and discretion to determine how best to manage the communication, including handling it themselves, delegating it to others or referring it to the Director for handling.
- Compose clear, accurate and concise letters, reports, memoranda, presentations and other materials independently from oral and written instructions. Edit and proofread materials with attention to accuracy in grammar, spelling, formatting and calculations.
- Update the Director about appointments and communications with various patients and clients. Update Director on key deadlines and project deliverables.
- Schedule meetings, including catering, AV, preparation of agendas, research, and other required materials. Includes organizing the Fellow graduation reception and Divisional year-end appreciation event.
- Prepare reports, presentations, abstracts, CV’s, manuscripts, grant applications, etc. utilizing Power Point with embedded graphs, diagrams, charts and summaries. Assure manuscripts are formatted properly.
- Develop and maintain manual and electronic files, records and other documents in a manner to assure retention, and timely retrieval.
- Make travel arrangements for meetings, symposiums, conferences. Track travel expenses; obtain travel expense reimbursements
- Managing billing for RSS consults. Oversees project budgets and financials – flags issues for Director; reviews and schedules invoices for payment. Assure payroll is allocated correctly.
- Manage patient care – charts, HIPAA compliance, patient billing questions, etc.