Childcare Worker | Job Code #18-056
Torrance, US-CA 90502
FT 80% for 32 hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
Options for Recovery-1902
Minimum education requirements:
GED or high school diploma
$13.25 per hour
12/6/18 11:22 AM
- GED or equivalent work experience
- 1 + years experience working with young children. Experience working with substance abusing families highly desirable
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines and interact professionally.
- Classes in, and knowledge of, child development and early childhood education and past training in developmentally appropriate center-based childcare highly desired
Description of Duties:
- Assist the Childcare Coordinator in the overall operation of the child care program, attend & productively participate in meetings.
- Plan & implement the daily curriculum. Provide care & developmental activities for infants & children both individually & in small groups.
- Complete all necessary documentation including daily notes, behavior checklists, etc. Serve as model to parents
- Manage typical child behavior problems (e.g. tantrums) & demonstrate to parents effective methods of interacting with children; provide feedback to parents regarding their children’s behavior development, nutritional & medical needs, be supportive of parent’s efforts in changing interaction patterns; provide mommy helpers with positive feedback & instruction.
- Assist supervisor in maintaining optimum treatment environment including, but not limited to, laundry, general cleaning, and aftercare.
- Facilitate hands on projects, arts/crafts that promote mother-child attachment and children’s social development. Examples: art projects, craft assignments, kid friendly projects, suggestions of fun sober ideas for recovering clientele, singing songs, etc.
13.25 an hour