Director - Capital Projects & Facilities Management / Job Code 19-032
Torrance, US-CA 90502
FT 100 % for 40-hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
Office of the President-1020
Minimum education requirements:
Based on Qualifications & Experience
4/10/19 10:36 AM
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BS degree in Engineering, Architecture or a related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Construction Manager (CCM), or Certified Facility Manager (CFM) certification highly desired
- Minimum ten years of experience providing facility management and project management services in a leadership capacity.
- Facilities management experience in the area of laboratory-based scientific research is required, including familiarity with wet lab, dry lab, lab support, bio-repositories, and vivarium facilities.
- Experience in campus master planning, real estate transactions, managing leases, a plus
- Considerable knowledge of, and experience in, building construction and maintenance; budget management and financial modeling.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and construction project management.
- Effective communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with facilities management and architectural software, LEED standards.
- Ability to provide 24x7 on-call support in emergency situations.
- Physical ability to navigate construction and existing building areas and for inspection and assessment.
Description of Duties:
- Manage all capital projects from development to completion, including determining scope, design, bid solicitation and analysis, contractor selection and oversight.
- Provide project controls and procedures to ensure all capital projects are delivered on-time and within the approved budget.
- Assure compliance with applicable codes and regulations relating to capital projects and on-going maintenance of facilities.
- Develop and implement a strategic long-term capital improvement plan that will support the Institute’s Strategic Plan.
- Assure critical systems (freezers, data centers) are protected from failure through effective design safeguards, redundancies and backup systems.
- Oversee facilities repair and maintenance
- Oversee custodial services
- Assure that preventive maintenance programs are in place and operational for key assets
- Develop and administer the annual facilities management operating budget.
- Develop and facilitate building and maintenance policies and procedures