Intake Support / Educator Counselor | Job Code #18-055
Torrance, US-CA 90502
FT 80% for 32 hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
Options for Recovery-1902
Minimum education requirements:
$16.00 per hour
11/15/18 1:13 PM
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BS Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a related field (Alcohol/Drug Counseling certificate may be accepted in lieu of degree depending on experience)
- Minimum of two year’s experience working with substance abusing women highly desirable.
- Certification as alcohol/drug counselor by the State of California, or ability to become certified within 1 year of employment
- Skill and ability to facilitate client education groups. Intake, assessment and follow up.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to maintain appropriate therapeutic boundaries with clients, as per professional standards. Ability to interact professionally with staff, clients; their children and other professional agencies.
Description of Duties:
- Assist as 2nd Intake Worker. Maintain client case load; provide group and education classes using a variety of methods. Carry a client case load of max 6 including/providing documentation of all treatment aspects.
- Attend and effectively participate in all required staff meetings; case conferences; and trainings.
- Assist Director and Assistant Director to maintain optimum treatment environment including but not limited to supervision of onsite clients; group room preparation for workshops and ceremonies and agency tasks such as group coverage: Process Group Rotation, Counselor Group Rotation and Emotional Health.
$16.00 an hour plus benefits!