Pharmacy Technician | Job Code 19-051
Torrance, US-CA 90502
FT 100 % for 40-hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
Minimum education requirements:
GED or high school diploma
Based on Qualifications & Experience
6/4/19 5:42 PM
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED required. BS Degree in a related field of study desired.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Pharmacy Technician, preferable in an academic, research or hospital environment
- State of California Pharmacy Technician license
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel in particular).
- Ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Well organized
- Ability to work well under pressure
Description of Duties:
- Deliver medications and related materials to clinics and study participants, as required
- Organize and manage documents and materials – sorting, labeling, filing, discarding, etc.
- Follow-up on information or documents needed by the pharmacists
- Maintain pharmacy and office supplies inventory, for example, IV bags, needles, syringes, office supplies., etc.
- Check expiration dates on all drug products and drug delivery mechanisms
- Compound IV solutions
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workspace, including the medication compounding glove box
- Mixing and dispensing orally administered medications
- Unit dosing tablets from a bulk bottle