Torrance, US-CA 90502
FT 100 % for 40-hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
Minimum education requirements:
Based on Qualifications & Experience
3/4/19 5:02 PM
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BS degree in Nursing or a related field
- Graduate of an approved and certified Physician Assistant training program
- Minimum 2 year’s experience as a Physician Assistant
- Prior experience working in a research environment preferred
Description of Duties:
- Assure that all clinical trials are done in compliance with Good Clinical Research Practices.
- Counsel patients on the required study related procedures, provide complete information on the risks and benefits of participation, and obtain/document informed consent to enroll them in clinical research.
- Maintain confidentiality of all clinical information obtained, including demographics, medical and surgical health history, mental health history, HIV status per HIPPA and GCP guidelines.
- Assesses study subject’s current health status and appropriateness for enrollment in current LA BioMed studies. This will consist of subject health interview, documenting habits, performing physical examinations; obtaining and reviewing past medical history documentation, imaging, and records. Document re-evaluations as the study progresses as well as adverse events, severe adverse events, and complete the appropriate study related forms or procedures.
- Perform study related evaluations, including diagnostic tests, questionnaires, short physical performance battery tests, including ordering x-rays, performing electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies. Interpreting test results, especially with respect to clinical significance, abnormal or normal, and interval change. A special focus should involve drug induced liver disease (DILI).
- Document each visit and assure all appropriate study related documentation is maintained, including electronic clinical research forms (eCRFs) in a highly legible and informative fashion, including dating (DD-MMM-YYYY) and signing any/all entries.
- Perform therapeutic procedures as required by the study, e.g. administering injections, drawing blood, performing pulmonary function and exercise testing, inducing sputum, and processing cytology.
- Prescribe the necessary medications for the Research and Commercial Pharmacy as required by the research protocol.
- Provide continuity of care by developing and implementing study participant management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations related to personal, study participant, fellow employee, and environmental hygiene.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management of needed actions, maintaining required licensure.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending continuing education workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assist in development of the entire health care team (including trainees, medical students, physician assistant students, medical residents, clinical and research fellows, junior faculty, research team members, clinical coordinators, etc.) by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Assist in data collection, academic output, including data analysis, creation of manuscripts, and publishing as well as presentations at regional, national, and international meetings.