Project Assistant | Job Code #18-091
Inglewood, US-CA 90303
FT 100 % for 40-hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
SLAHP Main Office-3000
Minimum education requirements:
GED or high school diploma
1/7/19 4:04 PM
About the Program:
South Los Angeles Health Projects focused on low-income adults, infants and children in South Los Angeles, working to enhance their health and quality of life.
About the Job:
The Project Assistant provides assistance and support to the Community Health Services Department in a variety of areas. The Project Assistant provides administrative and clerical tasks of a relatively high level of complexity for the Healthy Families America and WIC program. They include maintenance of HFA program databases and generation of reports, data entry and quality improvement reviews for various activities; and maintenance of curriculum supply inventory. The Project Assistant also provides support for staff at meetings and events and interfaces with the public, WIC and HFA partners, in person and by telephone.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Assists in performing quality improvement reviews for HFA program as part of HFA Program Quality Assurance Plan
- Assists in preparation and maintenance of materials for HFA Program including the maintenance of the Parents as Teachers (PAT) Curriculum kits
- Provides support for HFA project staff for meeting preparation and set-up for in-services and ongoing training sessions and collaborating partner meetings
- Performs data entry and administrative and clerical support functions to maintain up-to-date and accurate database records; enters client information in the First 5 LA “Stronger Families Database”, generates reports and conducts research to resolve any discrepancies in the data
- Assists the Chief, Community Health Services and HFA Program Supervisor in managing data and preparing reports and project-related documents, and supporting implementation of project related surveys
- Assembles and organizes data and files, and assembles copies of project consent forms and data collection forms
- Maintains HFA program supply and incentive inventory; and shops for Baby2Baby supplies for HFA program as needed
- Types, processes and files a variety of HFA program documents as needed
- Answers telephone, transfers calls and takes messages; greets visitors, and provides HFA information when requested
- Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following: Typing 40 wpm. Personal computer and common software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.) knowledge with strong proficiency in Excel .
- Ability to learn new computer programs quickly, with appropriate training and practice.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English required.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and community members of diverse backgrounds. Positive attitude, strong teamwork skills, and ability to manage multiple tasks are essential.
- Interest in and experience working with public health/public policy/welfare programs and experience with community outreach preferred.
- High school graduate, GED, or equivalent. College-level coursework and completion of job-related training preferred
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Proof of personal auto insurance
- Personal transportation with current California registration
- Three years experience with general office methods and practices; three years experience with personal computers in a Microsoft Windows environment; three years experience with Microsoft Word and Excel; one year experience with Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Publisher and PowerPoint experience a plus.
$14.00 to $23.41 an hour with benefits!