Senior Development Officer | Job Code: 19-078
Torrance, US-CA 90502
FT 100 % for 40-hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
Minimum education requirements:
Based on Qualifications & Experience
7/31/19 11:01 AM
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BS Degree in Communications, Business Administration or a related field of study
- Four plus years’ in a comparable fundraising position with a measurable major gift track record, preferably in a university, hospital, healthcare and/or a non-profit research environment
- Articulate with a proven ability in verbal and written communications and effective presentation skills, both in small and large group settings. Effective influencing and persuasion skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.
- Openness to new ideas and their implementation. Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
- Ability to work cooperatively to achieve common goals, support collaboration and the sharing of information
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and day-to-day guidance is required.
- Knowledge and appreciation of/for Medical Research and Education
Description of Duties:
- Works with other members of Development team, investigators and other key stakeholders to identify potential major gift donors (i.e. high net worth individuals).
- Utilizing prospect research and qualification visits, develops key leverage points for use in the development of major gift solicitation strategies.
- Cultivates potential donors by identifying their interests, needs and in educating donors about LA BioMed and funding opportunities available.
- Develops and executes donor specific solicitation strategies to generate donations of monetized instruments (i.e. cash, stock, real estate, bequests, etc.)
- Assures that donor expectations regarding donation restrictions and uses are properly documented and communicated within LA BioMed.
- Assist in the identification of and obtaining additional sources of funding for events through sponsorships and in-kind gifts, including assisting on the procurement of sponsorships for LA BioMed.
- Manage a prospect pool with annual goals for personal visits and giving outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned. The primary focus for this position will be major gifts, but this position may also be called upon to provide support to annual giving and special events programs.