Staff Research Assistant I | Job Code: 19-080
Torrance, US-CA 90502
FT 100 % for 40-hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
Minimum education requirements:
Based on Qualifications & Experience
8/13/19 12:38 PM
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BS degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Health Sciences or related field
- Ability to perform standard cellular and molecular biology techniques
- Knowledge and ability to control safe and efficient use of laboratory equipment, supplies, and space
- Demonstrated skill and fundamental knowledge of molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, and laboratory methods
- Demonstrated ability to use computers to accurately enter data, including graphing, and data analysis programs. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel.
- Ability to maintain accurate and timely records of experiments, samples, and equipment
- Skill in working independently with minimal supervision and following through on assignments from initiation to completion.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures associated with handling and disposal of chemicals, biological, and biohazard waste.
- Demonstrated mathematical skill in preparation of various stock solutions
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 lbs.
Description of Duties:
- Conduct routine analysis of samples for various established assays in the lab
- Maintain and review QC/Control records in accordance with GLP regulations
- Assist in processing, labelling, recording, and shipment of samples as and when necessary
- Perform molecular assays including ELISA, COBAS, and semen analysis
- Assist in sample preparation for LC/MS/MS analysis as and when necessary
- Individually responsible for assays including LH, FSH, SHBG and other validated assays in the lab
- Assist in processing, labelling, and shipment of samples as and when necessary
- Maintain and review QC/Control records
- Perform lab responsibilities in accordance with GLP regulations