Staff Research Associate I | job Code # 18-077
Torrance, US-CA 90502
FT 100 % for 40-hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
Minimum education requirements:
10/24/18 11:52 AM
- Laboratory maintenance including ordering and stocking supplies, preparing solutions, equipment monitoring, cleaning, and maintenance, biohazard disposal, etc.
- Organizes and plans experiments under general Principal Investigator (PI) supervision or other lab member designated by PI.
- Learns new laboratory techniques and applies them in carrying out new experiments under the supervision of PI or other senior lab members.
- Assists in data analysis and preparation of data for various documents and presentations.
- Assists in working with human subjects enrolled in our IRB protocols as well as maintaining records and renewals for IRB protocols.
- Stays up to date on institute and department policies and complies with policies and standards including, but not limited to, safety, infection prevention, quality management, environmental, confidentiality, research ethics, good laboratory practice, good clinical practice in clinical trials and human subjects research, and patient care.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice in regard to:
- Attendance, punctuality and patient confidentiality.
- Professional behavior, communication and prompt responsiveness.
- Positive public relation image and working relationships.
- Obtaining necessary knowledge and skill needed to maintain competence and certifications.
- Completing all mandatory requirements, including annual safety programs and annual physical.
- Participates in the development and attainment of team, department and institute goals including:
- Attending and participating in division meetings.
- Volunteering or accepting assignments for projects.
- Mission, vision and team ground rules.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or related field of study
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a laboratory performing basic laboratory procedures
- Experience in a clinical setting, with experience interacting with patients highly desired