Staff Research Associate II | 18-076 (Full-Time and Part-Time)
Torrance, US-CA 90502
FT 100 % for 40-hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
Minimum education requirements:
2/26/19 4:39 PM
***Part-time and Full -Time positions are available. Must be able to work a minimum of 3 hours per day in the afternoon, if part-time work is desired ***
The Center for Child Health Services and Outcomes Research in the Department of Pediatrics at LA BioMed, Harbor-UCLA Medical center is seeking a part-time or full-time research associate.
The successful applicant will work closely with the NIH funded faculty, who maintain several areas of research focus, including outcomes research in pediatric cardiology, health policy research, implementation research and health issues among homeless youth.
- Collaborate in research with graduated independence
- Administrative support responsibilities
- Participation in grant writing and submission
- Preparation of presentations for conferences
- Leading small projects
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree any Health Sciences, quantitative fields with an interest in health-related studies, or a related field of study from an accredited college/university degree program required.
- Master’s degree is highly desired but not required.
- 0 - 1 year of academic or work experience in a similar environment.
- Experience in assisting with manuscript writing is required
- Ability to conduct literature review in the public health field is required.
- Some knowledge and experience of statistical software packages, Stata and/or SAS preferred
- Willingness to learn new software packages.
- Fluent and proficient speaking, reading, writing in English
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and power point, required
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time