Staff Research Associate | Job Code #18-052
Torrance, US-CA 90502
FT 100 % for 40-hours per week (regular full-time benefits)
# of Openings:
Minimum education requirements:
Based on Qualifications & Experience
3/8/19 12:30 PM
Research Lab Overview:
An exciting opportunity is available for an outstanding candidate to join a laboratory focused on developing anti-cancer therapeutics, finding neurodegenerative disease mechanisms using iPSC approaches and high content imaging, enzyme replacement therapy, and proteomic research. Please follow this link for more information (http://www.tfchoulab.org/home).
Required Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field. 0 - 1 year of academic or work lab experience in a similar environment. Familiar with basic lab experiments in a lab setting. Ability to learn to carry out basic biochemistry experiments and tasks such as protein purification, tissue culture, plate reader, etc. Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and ability to follow concise instructions. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Word and Excel.
Description of Duties:
- Perform laboratory experiments; tissue culture, protein purification under direct supervision of a postdoctoral fellow.
- Prepare buffers and media
- Order reagents and follow up the order status
- Analyze and organize data; data entry and routine back up of data on lab computers
- Participate in laboratory maintenance, teach students, give research talks and conduct literature reviews.